Night School is honoured to release Julia Holter's avant-pop masterpiece 'Tragedy' on CD. Originally released on lp only via Leaving Records towards the end of 2011, Holter's first full-length proper picked up plaudit after plaudit, topping best of polls universally. Unknown to most critics and listeners was the fact that this version of 'Tragedy,' as lush and cinematic as it was, was an abridged version. This will be the first time Julia Holter's vision will be realised to the full. 'Tragedy' showcases Holter's exploration of different sonic textures and compositional techniques, elements which she evolves into achingly beautiful pop songs. These songs form a suite based on the ancient Greek play 'Hippolytus,' a narrative that reveals itself slowly over the duration of the album but that does not detract from the universal beauty of the compositions. Eroded opera and field samples, sweeping synthesisers and meditative structures frame each song - giving it breathing space and allowing each nuance to fully captivate - while, above all, Julia Holter's effortless, heartfelt voice crystallises each moment perfectly. The CD version of 'Tragedy' features extended tracks, interludes missed out from the LP and a fuller representation of Holter's original intentions.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.