"The Lamb was written during a time of intense paranoia after a home invasion, deaths of loved ones and general violence around me and my friends,” says Lillie West, the Chicago-based songwriter behind Lala Lala. “I began to frequently and vividly imagine the end of the world, eventually becoming too frightened to leave my house. This led me to spend a lot of time examining my relationships and
the choices I’d made, often wondering if they were correct and/or kind.”
West initially started Lala Lala as a way to communicate things that she felt she could never say out loud. But on The Lamb, her sophomore LP and debut for Hardly Art, she has found strength in vulnerability. Through bracing hooks and sharp lyrics, the 24 year-old songwriter and guitarist illustrates a nuanced look on her own adulthood - her fraught insecurity, struggles with addiction, and the loss of several people close to her.
Across the album’s 12 tracks, West carefully examines the skeletons in her closet for the first time, hoping to capture honest snapshots of her past selves. Many of the songs show West asking herself agonising questions about her life with a clever and hopeful curiosity. On the album’s first single and opening track, 'Destroyer,' she reflects on feeling self-destructive and the delayed realisation something in the past has irrevocably hurt you. In 'Water Over Sex,' West laments her old precarious lifestyle, while trying to readjust to her newfound sobriety, and 'Copycat' confronts her feelings of alienation and boredom. “Some of this album is about being frustrated that everything is always repeating itself and being bored with your own feelings,”she explains. “‘Copycat’ in particular is about how everyone talks exactly the same on the Internet and how it sometimes feels futile to try and be yourself.”
03. Water Over Sex
04. I Get Cut
07. The Flu
09. Scary Movie
11. When You Die
12. See You at Home
- About Drift
+ Free Shipping
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering - specifically preorder items - then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items to your box, up to the point we ship it to you, but this is not automated so it's always important to tell us you are doing this.
+ Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option for you to come and collect your order in Totnes. You will be offered shipping and click & collect options during the checkout process. More info here.
* If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
* If you are adding to an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
* We aim to dispatch orders placed before 1pm, on the same day.
* We ship outside the UK with DHL.
* We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
* Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
* Royal Mail First Class services do not have tracking.
* Royal Mail Tracked 24® does include end-to-end tracking.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Royal Mail Tracked 24®
End-to-end tracking and next-day delivery
✔️ End-to-end tracking
✔️ SMS or email notifications
✔️ Next working day delivery aim
✔️ Compensation cover up to £100
✔️ Change your delivery options before delivery is attempted
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.