Lapalux (aka Stuart Howard) returns to Flying Lotus’ Brainfeeder for his fourth album. Amnioverse—“a sort of portmanteau of the amniotic sac and the universe,” he explains—revolves around notions of fluidity; that birth, life, death, and rebirth is a never ending continuum.
Double LP on pink splatter vinyl housed in an 8mm spined gatefold sleeve with silver foil detail. Includes 28 page large format booklet - 30 x 30cm - with spot gloss detail on front cover - and MP3 download code.
He channels these ethereal ideas through a new and ever-expanding modular synth set-up, effortless spanning tempos and balancing space and texture, injecting human emotion and layering recordings of weather, wind, rain and fire, to invoke an elemental, celestial feel.
While 2017’s 'Ruinism' was about sonic wreckage and deconstruction, with Amnioverse, Howard took a different approach, basing each track around a snippet of spoken word from “friends, lovers, and ex partners”, and building the music around it. He also reconnects with Icelandic vocalist JFDR (Jófríður Ákadóttir) who returns for two tracks on 'Thin Air' and 'The Lux Quadrant', as well as vocalist Lilia on 'Limb To Limb', 'Voltaic Acid' and 'Momentine'.
2. Voltaic Acid
6. Thin Air
7. Limb To Limb
8. The Lux Quadrant
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.