Leon Bridges, the double Grammy Award nominated R&B artist, releases his second album, Good Thing. The follow up to Leon’s critically acclaimed, award winning, Certified Gold debut album Coming Home, was Executive Produced by Ricky Reed and Niles City Sound, and produced by Ricky Reed.
Leon and his long time collaborators and Coming Home producers, Niles City Sound, headed out west to work with Reed with the goal of taking Leon’s music in a more modern R&B direction while staying true to his signature style. Says Leon, “I loved my experience with Coming Home. Good Thing however allows me to showcase more of my influences and artistry. I'm excited for the world to hear it and perform this diverse group of songs live.”
'Good Thing' is born from the song 'Bad Bad News,' which contains the line “They say that I was born to lose, but I made a good good thing, out of bad bad news”. By now Leon’s backstory is well known; he went from working as a dishwasher and struggling through the open mic scene in his native Fort Worth, Texas to two-time Grammy nominated artist performing at the White House for President Obama, attending the Met Gala and appearing on Saturday Night Live in a two year span.
Now a more experienced artist, this album showcases a man’s continued rise from little opportunity to embracing the world stage. If Coming Home was Leon Bridges in black and white, then Good Thing is Leon Bridges in technicolour.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.