Lights on Moscow is a collaboration between Justin Lockey (Editors/ Minor
Victories/Mastersystem) and Hazel Wilde (Lanterns On The Lake). The pair were living near one another in Newcastle when the songs took shape. However, the creative journey they shared began years before, where the duo originally performed the songs during a trip to New York. In the intermittent years, neither were in the right head space to release the music. Only now, years later do they feel comfortable sharing their music with the world.
“It’s strange how the timing of something can make a difference. We always knew it was something we’d come back to. And now we have” says Wilde of the project. The idea of ‘waiting’ is certainly at odds with an industry obsessed with speed and the present – but the single highlights a timelessness in-keeping with the ethos of the project. On Lord Let Me Know, Wilde begs the listener to “Give me a sign” set to Lockey’s trademark production sound. The result is full of anguish and beauty. And the single sets the tone for the EP Aorta Songs Pt 1. Justin Lockey is best known for his work with Editors but is becoming increasingly regarded for this collaborative efforts – most notably on the Mastersystem album, which came out
earlier this year. Lanterns On The Lake are a critically acclaimed act who have released 3 studio albums though Bella Union.
Lord Let Me Know
I Must Come Clean
Like Lovers Often Will
Spirits Around My Bed
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.