Loose Fit began when fashion school friends Kaylene Milner and Anna Langdon bonded over their mutual love of experimental music. After toying with low-fi bedroom recordings, the pair recruited Max Edgar on guitar and Richard Martin on bass and started making some actual noise. With Kaylene behind the kit and Anna on sax and vocal duties, Loose Fit’s unique and focussed sound began to take shape.
+ Indie shop version pressed on neon yellow vinyl.
The band’s rhythm-heavy sound contains echoes of UK post-punk titans such as Public Image Ltd, Maximum Joy and A Certain Ratio. They’re also fans of the US No Wave scene, especially the paint-stripper guitar of James Chance and the pop exuberance of Bush Tetras.
Other pop/art heroes are Talking Heads and the B-52’s, while contemporary inspirations include Exploded View, The Native Cats, Raime and Nisennenmondai. Closer to home Loose Fit are enthusiastic devotees of their local music scene, gladly sharing stages with favourites like Exek, Tropical Fuck Storm, Party Dozen, Pinch Points and Negative Gears.
The debut self-titled EP by the Sydney based group delivers a snapshot of their signature groove driven post-punk sound in one short, sharp hit. Informed by a DIY work ethic, the group recorded the EP in one weekend, employing the help of friend and Sydney musician/producer/engineer Jonathan Boulet.
Initially self released by the band as a short run of cassettes which quickly sold out, this debut effort by Loose Fit will now be getting the proper vinyl treatment it deserves.
For fans of: Public Image Ltd, Maximum Joy, A Certain Ratio, James Chance, Bush Tetras, Talking Heads and the B-52’s, Exploded View, The Native Cats, Raime, Nisennenmondai, Dry Cleaning, Shopping, Squid, The Slits, ESG, Liquid Liquid and LCD Soundsystem.
1. Pull The Lever
4. Back Water
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.