Edition of 350 sevens with screened stickers. We'll get them signed also!
Like the unearthing of an Alan Lomax recording or a gem from some back-room of Cecil Sharpe house; Luke Jones' Lux Harmonium is doubtless to be cited next to modern day guitar virtuosos' James Blackshaw, Glenn Jones or the late Jack Rose.
Details are few (seemingly intentionally) but this double A-Side is handpicked from an album of recordings by the Devon based Luke Jones. Treading somewhere between the delta folk world of John Fahey or Leo Kottke and an altogether more outsider pop of Robert Wyatt; Lux Harmonium manage to take a menagerie of influences and make them sound altogether... well... old! It really is an analogue affair, timeless and strangely classic.
"Lux feel like one of those bands/artists that you just want to play to everyone you know. I couldn't understand what his [Jones] hands were doing when I saw him live, I guess it is as close as i'll get to seeing Burt Jansch in some crummy early 60's Glasgow club. The record or whatever it was he played me, is so emotive. It was both utterly perfect and crystalline, but hand crafted and woozy. I think you could listen to it anytime between 1925 and 2075... Proper time capsule stuff!" - R.G.Morrison
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.