Hey Mr Ferryman is Mark Eitzel's tenth solo album, his first in three years, and the first full studio album recorded entirely in London. It was made at 355 Studios with Mercury Prize winner Bernard Butler (Suede, McAlmont & Butler). Butler produced and played all of the electric guitar, bass, and keyboard parts on the album.
Hey Mr Ferryman features the vivid melodies long associated with Eitzel's former band American Music Club as well as Butler's distinctive guitar that serves to complement Eitzel's expressive vocals. Of that voice, Pitchfork once wrote: "If Leonard Cohen's voice is a story about the passage of time and Levon Helm's is a story about losing what is most precious to you, Eitzel's is about the circuitous roads we take in search of ourselves."
Mark Eitzel has released over 15 albums of original material with American Music Club and as a solo artist. The Guardian has called him "America's greatest living lyricist," and Rolling Stone once gave him their Songwriter of the Year award. Originally formed in 1983, AMC released seven albums before breaking up in 1995.
Indie shop only deluxe edition is a limited - one time pressing - on 180g vinyl, includes 12-track bonus CD featuring unreleased tracks and different recordings. Also includes a download code & lyric insert.
1. Last Ten Years
2. An Answer
3. The Road
4. Nothing and Everything
5. An Angel's Wing Brushed The Penny Slots
6. In My Roll as Professional Singer and Ham
7. Mr Humphries
8. La Llorana
9. Just Because
10. Sleep From My Eyes
Bonus CD tracklisting
1.Let Me Go (from the CD version)
2.The Singer (for Jason Molina) (unreleased)
3.Your Ghost - (unreleased)
4.An Answer - Alternative mix
5.An Angels Wing Brushed (demo)
6.Last Ten Years (demo)
7.Stay Stay Stay - (unreleased)
8.Never Fall Asleep - (unreleased)
9.Nothing And Everything (demo)
10.Just Because (demo)
11.Mr Humphries (alt recording UK band -Danton Supple Mix)
12.An Answer (alt recording UK band - Danton Supple Mix)
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.