Neither being strangers to collaboration, Marry Waterson and Emily Barker join forces on new work A Window To Other Ways.
Marry, of the famous folk music family The Watersons and daughter of Lal Waterson, met Emily Barker, an Australian singer/songwriter whose music you may be familiar with from the UK version of crime drama Wallander, met at a songwriting retreat held by Kathryn Williams. The two hit is off and three songs from that retreat formed the kernel of what was to become a full album.
The resulting collection of songs pushes the boundaries of Barker and Waterson’s renowned roots styles, venturing into a diverse union of genres – contemporary folk, country and soul nestles comfortably alongside lilting indie and playful blues. A Window To Other Ways is the product of two revered musicians embarking upon an exciting, explorative journey, and a charmed collaboration.
1. A Window To Other Ways
2. Perfect Needs
3. Little Hits Of Dopamine
4. All Is Well
5. We Don’t Speak Anytime
6. Drinks Two And Three
7. I’m Drawn
9. Disarm Me
10. It’ll Be Good
11. Trick Of The Light
12. Going Dark
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.