Originally recorded on 'Marvin Gaye Day' in Washington, D.C., Gaye’s hometown, one year after the release of his groundbreaking album. For decades, this extraordinary live recording of the original album plus an epic medley of Marvin’s Sixties hits sat on the shelves. Previously issued within What’s Going On: Deluxe Edition in 2001, it is now newly mixed, freshly released and available on vinyl for the first time.
Marvin’s biographer David Ritz, comments in the liner notes, “an invaluable and vibrant historical document marking a milestone in the artist’s career".
Double LP 180g
That's The Way Love Is
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Little Darling (I Need You)
You're All I Need To Get By
Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
Your Precious Love / Pride And Joy
Stubborn Kind Of Fellow
Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
What's Going On
What's Happening Brother
Flyin' High (In The Friendly Sky)
Save The Children
God Is Love
Inner City Blue (Make Me Wanna Holler) (Reprise)
What's Going On (Reprise)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.