+ Limited to 250 copies pressed on 180 gram 'Galaxite Stone' coloured vinyl.
'Among the Never-Setting Stars' is the debut LP from Dorset-based artist Matthew Shaw. Following a series of CD & CD-R releases on various labels as well as home made art editions and a 7" EP on Sonic Oyster Records.
The album contains six ambient pieces with each title being a lead into the mood the music takes on, each title forming a poem across the LP.
The artwork is a painting By Brian Catling (RA) titled 'Transi'. The painting deals with some of the same themes, life, death, and renewal moving in cycles.
“His music delves deep in Hidden Reverse traditions, incorporating specific environmental soundings of occult landscapes into beautiful drone works that advance the oracular/hallucinogenic English underground tradition.” - David Keenan.
"These warm, melancholy undulations interfere with each chord’s gravitational pull, creating tonal fata morgana and melodies that may or may not not be there: a state similar to meditation where she is neither asleep nor awake. All said, it will take you places.” - Charlie Frame, The Quietus.
The album includes a download code featuring three additional tracks not featured on the LP.
As The Shadows Lengthen
Amongst The Never Setting Stars
The Children Of The Dawn
The Night Is But A Mile Away
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.