Fernando Perales was born in Argentina, 1971. Growing up in Buenos Aires, his father owned a windscreen wiper factory and the family lived in the same building; so it is of no surprise that throughout his career he has considered himself ‘an industrial musician’. “My most important influence is my family heritage”, he says, “part of my poetical universe comes from this noisy familiar background. I’ve always been surrounded by machines, percussive machines & stuff like that”.
From the mid to late nineties, Perales was part of the influential experimental Argentinian band Reynols; and later, in 2007 formed noise guitar trio UL with Anla Couris & Charly Zaragoza, touring Europe as many as five times during the twenty-tens.
Like all of its predecessors, ‘7 Songs to be Listened in Silence’ is a collection of 6 lo-fi ambient tracks based on the art of vinyl sampling techniques & the concept of parasitism within music creation; something that fascinates Perales. “The connection between an artist and art tradition or art history is a matter of parasitism or a parasitism affair because musicians, painters & artists are always taking ideas, resources, and materials from the past. So long as music exists, I will keep on making music”.
Perales is a jovial and playful character, and his sense of humour is pronounced in the title of this six-track album... however, the sound is sincere, mature & thought-provoking, Perales' use of textural sound is spellbinding, and where his industrial influences are recognisable, they sound like they have melded with nature in romantic harmony, which is perhaps something we’re missing in this modern world.
Tapes are Translucent Blue, hand numbered & limited to 20 copies.
Breathed a Song into The Air
In Some Obscure Place
A Sudden Darkness Falls Upon The Wold
Sheltered From All Molestation
Never Here, Forever There
I Have Nothing More to Say
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.