Full Time Hobby’s first album announcement of 2018 comes in the shape of a compilation of Micah P. Hinson’s performances at the BBC over the last 15 years.
Re-mastered at Bent Leaf Studios in Texas, overseen by Micah himself at the end of last year, these 11 tracks were picked from a wealth of cuts from Micah’s visits to Marc Riley over the course of nine albums.
Micah offered some insight into the personal importance of these sessions:
"I owe Sir Marc a deep gratitude that spans back years now. In this life, champions are needed- yet they are rare. As if I was deep in the amazon, I had found a flower not yet known to the world and people would congratulate me on what had found and what I had brought to the world- and Marc was the first one in line, hand outstretched; a grin on his face."
Marc also spoke about his experience of having Micah in to play for him over the years:
"I remember the first time Micah came in to do a session for us. 18th September 2004. It was at the time of his debut ‘…And The Gospel Of Progress’ LP which I absolutely loved. He was backed by The Earlies (as he was on the record) and the session was mind-blowing. The songs were fantastic, Micah’s voice made Johnny Cash sound like Aled Jones. He told tales of being thrown in jail.. of suffering great dramatic losses in his life. I remember asking him to clarify how old he was on air and he replied “23 Sir”.
I believe his eventful life will one day be made into a biopic…but until that day this document of his radio sessions will serve to document the path of this great singer-songwriter from Abilene Texas."
1. Stand In My Way (Marc Riley BBC Radio 2 Session, 18/09/2004)
2. I Still Remember (Marc Riley BBC Radio 2 Session, 18/09/2004)
3. 2's & 3's (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session, 03/06/2010)
4. Seven Horses Seen (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session, 03/06/2010)
5. God Is Good (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session, 06/11/2012)
6. Beneath The Rose (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session 06/11/2012)
7. Take Off That Dress For Me (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session 06/11/2012)
8. How Are You Just A Dream (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session 28/04/2014)
9. The Life, Living, Death and Dying... (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session 28/04/2014)
10. Lover's Lane (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session 18/10/2017)
11. Oh, Spaceman (Marc Riley BBC 6 Music Session 18/10/2017)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.