Mick Harvey releases 'Waves of Anzac / The Journey', his first soundtrack release in over 10 years on the Mute label.
The album features two recent soundtracks to powerful subject matters recorded by Mick Harvey. The first, 'Waves of Anzac' looks at Sam Neill’s personal family history interwoven with the history of the First World War and the ANZACs through to the modern era while the second, 'The Journey', is a four-part composition released in support of #KidsOffNauru, a campaign working for the child refugees and people seeking asylum who find themselves in offshore detention.
'Waves of Anzac' is a 10-track score, created for the ABC documentary on forgotten war stories and lives lost, a personal history by the actor Sam Neill (Jurassic Park, The Piano) set against a contemporary increasingly divided political backdrop. ‘Why Anzac? with Sam Neill’ (Dir. Kriv Stenders, 2015) is named for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who served together in the Gallipoli Campaign, their first engagement in World War I and continued as a military unit until after WW2.
The film is a look at this pivotal point in our shared history, and the impact it still has on a personal and on a geopolitical level. Harvey recently examined this period via the prism of a fictional soldier/poet for his collaboration with Christopher Richard Barker, 'The Fall and Rise of Edgar Bourchier and the Horrors of War'.
'The Journey' is a four-part composition, recorded with The Letter String Quartet, in support of people seeking asylum who have found themselves in Australia’s offshore detention program. The piece was composed as a study of the hardships endured by the detainees on Nauru, Manus Island and Christmas Island before and during their internment and as an expression of hope for a humane outcome to their plight.
'Waves of Anzac / The Journey' was composed, arranged and produced by Mick Harvey and mastered by Loki Lockwood at Creepy Hollow.
A1. Turkish Theme
A2. Waves of Anzac
A3. First Anniversary
A4. The Somme
A7. The Lovells
A8. The Cemetery
A9. Modern War
B2. Back At Kiatora
B3. The Arch
B4. Return to Anzac Cover
B5. The Journey Part 1 – Conflict
B6. The Journey Part 2 – All At Sea
B7. The Journey Part 3 – Capture (Not Real Refugees)
B8. The Journey Part 4 - Hope
1. After The Bomb
2. Turkish Theme
3. Waves of Anzac
5. First Anniversary
6. The Lovells
7. The Somme
9. In The Archives
10. The Cemetery
11. Modern War
14. Back At Kiatora
15. Waves of Anzac (Reprise)
16. The Arch
17. Return to Anzac Cover
18. 1000 Years On
19. The Build-Up
20. The Aftermath
21. The Ladies Room
22. The Journey Part 1 – Conflict
23. The Journey Part 2 – All At Sea
24. The Journey Part 3 – Capture (Not Real Refugees)
25. The Journey Part 4 - Hope
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.