Black Friday 2013 release.
Finally, Kind Of Blue can be heard again in its original mono version.
So much has been said and written about Miles Davis' "Kind Of Blue", it's virtually impossible to summarise all the necessary info to the length of this page. We could simply list some facts (best sold Jazz album ever worldwide).
We could try to explain why it's the best jazz album ever made, but the music itself will do that to you. As Bill Evans said in the original liner notes for the record, the band did not play through any of these pieces prior to recording. Miles Davis laid out the themes before the tape rolled and the band improvised.
The end results were fragile and wondrous. Recorded during 2 sessions in 1959, "Kind of Blue" worked on many different levels and will do so for many years to come.
We're proud to announce a very special version of the most influential (jazz)album ever. We present the original album in remastered form plus an extra LP containing 2 tracks that weren't available on vinyl before (an alternate take of 'Flamenco Sketches ' and a version of 'On Green Dolphin Street' recorded prior to the Kind of Blue sessions, with the legendary line-up of Bill Evans, John Coltrane, Paul Chambers and Jimmy Cobb.)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.