Up for the Down Stroke is an album by the American funk band Parliament. It was the band’s second album (following 1970’s Osmium), and their first to be released on Casablanca Records. The album was originally released on July 3, 1974. Its title track was Parliament’s first chart hit and remains one of the most well-known P-Funk songs. The album also contains a funk reworking of The Parliaments’ song '(I Wanna) Testify' under the title 'Testify'. The original title of the album was Whatever Makes Baby Feel Good, and the cover featured group leader George Clinton hovering over a woman in distress, sporting a black wig and monster-type gloves.
Up for the Down Stroke is notable in that it regenerated George Clinton’s professional relationship with bassist Bootsy Collins, who had taken a two-year hiatus from the group.
1. Up For The Down Stroke
3. The Goose
4. I Can Move You (If You Let Me)
1. I Just Got Back (From The Fantasy: Ahead Of Our Time In The Four Lands Of Elliot)
2. All Your Goodies Are Gone
3. Whatever Makes Baby Feel Good
4. Presence Of A Brain
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.