Peter Doherty & The Puta Madres release their eponymously titled debut album.
‘Peter Doherty & The Puta Madres’ was recorded live to beautifully capture the essence and spirit of the Puta Madres at a family home overlooking a fishing village in Étretat Normandy, over 4 days last summer and mixed at Urchin Studios (East London). The album is engineered by Dan Cox (Laura Marling, Thurston Moore, Florence & The Machine) and produced by Jai Stanley (long time friend and manager).
‘Peter Doherty & The Puta Madres’ is a devastatingly intimate portrait of love, loss, being lost, happiness, tragedy, addiction and the power of the human soul to transcend its darker levels. All the songs from the album were road tested over the last 18 months across Europe at Festivals and headline shows.
Songs include the reflective ‘All At Sea,’ the raw ‘Punk Buck Bonafide,’ the upbeat and playful ‘Shoreleave,’ the joyous hymn of liberation ‘Paradise Is Under Your Nose,’ ‘Someone Else To Be’ Peter’s re-imagining of the Velvet Underground’s ‘Ride Into The Sun’ and Oasis’ ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’ and ‘Who’s Been Having You Over’ with dialogue from the 1948 film adaption of Graham Greene's ‘Brighton Rock’ and the cheeky poke at his own notoriety, ‘You’re so rock’n’roll’.
Peter Doherty has released three albums with The Libertines (‘Up The Bracket’ (2002), ‘The Libertines’ (2004) & ‘Anthems For Doomed Youth’ (2015) and with Babyshambles ‘Down In Albion’ (2005), ‘Shotter’s Nation’ (2007) & ’Sequel To The Prequel’(2013) and two solo albums ‘Grace/Wastelands’ (2009) and ‘Hamburg Demonstrations’(2017).
Peter Doherty & The Puta Madres are: Peter Doherty (Vocals/Guitar), Miggles (bass), Miki Beavis (violin), Katia DeVidas (Piano/keyboards), Jack Jones (lead guitar) and Rafa (drums).
Who’s Been Having You Over
Paradise Is Under Your Nose
Narcissistic Teen Makes First XI
Someone Else To Be
Lamentable Ballad of Gascony Avenue
A Fool There Was
Punk Buck Bonafide
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.