Philip Perkins (b 1951) studied art and motion graphics with Robert Mullen and David Foster (Univ. of the Pacific and Univ. of Oregon) and was mentored by "Blue" Gene Tyranny in music composition and performance. He played in many rock, country and experimental music bands and was a member of The Residents performance ensemble 1979-84, as well as serving as their cinematographer and lighting designer. DRIVE TIME was composed and originally released in 1985 is a series of pieces composed as an alternative to early morning "drive time" AM radio, and targeted at the same audience: commuters.
1. Rainy 3rd Street (0:41)
2. At Home And Away (3:34)
3. Noise Organ (1:24)
4. Xmas Party (0:39)
5. Ella (1:27)
6. Mechanical Piano Parade (3:04)
7. On The Park (2:50)
8. At The Machine (1:22)
9. Eastchester Parade (1:40)
10. The Onion (2:19)
11. Radio Dream (London) (4:07)
12. Street Conversation (0:38)
13. Hardanger (2:16)
14. Squeak Opening (1:41)
15. Grieg Park (0:59)
16. Shanty (3:44)
17. Bearing (2:13)
18. Guitar Hero (2:34)
19. Hotel TV (LA) (1:28)
20. Jig (2:27)
21. Lions (0:50)
22. Fire (3:46)
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.