In January 1992, fresh off the glory that was the band's 1991 double-7" debut, Polvo headed into Duck Kee Studios in Raleigh, NC - aka the place where a lot of early Merge stuff was recorded - to track what became their debut full-length. CorCrane Secret was released in July of that year, the same month as Sonic Youth's Dirty and Danzig's Danzig III: How the Gods Kill. (Sadly, a triple bill never happened.)
+ Pressed on limited blue & white coloured vinyl.
Opening with a new take on "Vibracobra," a bit of alternately languid and shuddering guitar churn that had appeared on a single the year before (a perfect way to bridge the Polvo of "then" and "now"), Cor-Crane Secret, with songs such as the herky-jerky "Kalgon" and the youthful-yet-complex "In the Hand, In the Sieve," established the first iteration of that Polvo sound: intricate guitar melodies, Mr. Bowie's plain-spoken vocals politely deep beneath the guitar waves, and cool ideas of how guitars could go together all over the place.
In an era where guitar bands seemed to be blooming like wildflowers in a particularly fertile cow pasture, Cor-Crane Secret was a complicated bloom indeed. But Polvo was just getting started.
3. Bend Or Break
4. Can I Ride
5. Sense Of It
6. Ox Scapula
7. Channel Changer
8. In The Hand, In The Sieve
9. The Curtain Remembers
10. Well Is Deep
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.