+ Indie LP pressed on limited pink vinyl.
New album from London-based Dutch-Zimbabwean pop innovator Rina Mushonga.
Mushonga doesn’t follow a linear path. The artist’s music—a blend of Afropop, indie, and electro flourishes—is informed by her own zigzagging life journey: Mushonga emigrated from Zimbabwe to the Netherlands, then to the diverse South London suburb of Peckham, where she now lives and works.
Having read Ovid's 'Metamorphoses' for the first time, Mushonga’s self-confessed ‘year of transformation’ ensued drawing upon a myriad of ideas and personal experiences. Full of reflections on the cosmos and our place within it, 'In A Galaxy' is the musical embodiment of these musings whilst Mushonga also admits there’s more than a passing nod to the opening text on 'Star Wars', but on the whole refers to how relative space and time are in how we interact.
A whopping four years in the making, 'In A Galaxy' was recorded in Mushonga’s adopted home in Peckham with producer Brett Shaw, whilst having laid much of the foundations of the tracks together with musical bestie and synth whisperer Frans Verburg in his Rotterdam basement studio.
The resultant cornucopia of intelligent, diverse pop that Mushonga herself describes as sounding like “Paul Simon in a sweaty, African dancehall club”.
1. Pipe Dreamz
2. Good Vacation
3. For A Fool
4. In A Galaxy
10. Hey Coach
11. i miss u so much
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.