2 Ravens is a new project by Roger O’Donnell, of The Cure. The album is very personal to Roger and is heavily influenced by his life in rural England. It was written at a very stark and sparse time of year with Roger having just returned to solitude in December 2016 after a world tour with The Cure. It was recorded over five days at Air Edel studios in London with some of Roger’s favourite musicians: Alisa Liubarskaya, Miriam Wakeling, Aled Jones, Nadine Nagen and Daniel Gea.
2 Ravens as a record is a collaboration in part, with vocalist and lyricist Jennifer Pague of Vita And The Woolf. It began as an instrumental record, side one featuring two cellos and side two a string quartet, when Roger was introduced to Jennifer and sent it to her for input. She then sent back 90 seconds of vocals on one track and he was blown away by her interpretation. The piano plays a supporting role rather than taking the lead, the instruments make frames for the paintings that are Jen’s vocals and the instrumentals tell stories that words simply can’t.
An Old Train (feat. Jennifer Pague)
The Haunt (feat. Jennifer Pague)
On The Wing
The Hearts Fall
Don’t Tell Me…. (feat. Jennifer Pague)
I’ll Say Goodnight (feat. Jennifer Pague)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.