Right now, the world needs a warrior. Town by town and tour by tour, She Makes War has been widening her battle stance and soothing tortured souls with her no holds barred, peaceful protest music. Armed with songs to persuade and words that bite then linger with the sweetest aftertaste, She has a message – wake up world and 'Brace for Impact'.
“People still live in fear of persecution and violence every day for the “crime” of being themselves,” attests the nom de plume of melodic visualiser, storyteller and creator Laura Kidd. “With everything that’s going on in the world, adopting a brace position to protect ourselves from external forces is more important than ever.”
From broken hearts to broken bones, Laura was given plenty of time for rumination when she broke her right foot moments before supporting The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Tumbling off a darkened stage during soundcheck, adrenaline kicked in and, ever the fighter, the show went on. With barely enough time to visit A&E, a face full of glitter and steely resolve, she performed a slew of summer festival sets and a BBC 6Music Marc Riley session sporting a fetching knee crutch.
“Having my mobility stolen from me was exhausting and depressing. I’d come up with the album title while driving on tour, daydreaming about what it must be like to be in a high-speed car crash – I’d wondered whether there would be time to apologise to my passenger if we got in an accident…it was a bit dark”, she recalls. “After struggling through the summer with that phrase in my mind, then finding it written in the venue toilets at the end of a tour in Brighton, it just had to be the album title.”
The songs brim with the powerful personality of 90s Britpop babes Dubstar, Echobelly, Blur and Elastica via the gutsy riffage of Weezer, Soundgarden and Sleater-Kinney with a brazen nod to Nirvana.
+ Both vinyl pressings are limited to just 300 copies.
+ Indie edition LP is on clear vinyl.
+ Standard LP is on white vinyl.
Then The Quiet Came
Let Me Down
Love This Body
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.