With ‘Two’ Sink Ya Teeth want to beckon in another Summer of Love. Where their self-titled debut album, released in June 2018, channelled the carefree vibes of New York’s Danceteria and Paradise Garage circa 1983, the follow-up continues in this vein but delves deeper into their world.
A world where melancholia and deep house make perfect bedfellows. Of late 70s post-punk and euphoric disco. Of rubbery staccato bass-lines and vocals that swing between sweet menace and deadpan indifference.
Maria Uzor and Gemma Cullingford formed Sink Ya Teeth 3 years ago in a pub in the flatlands of Norfolk, and write and record all their music in their living rooms. The duo take themes of self medication (‘The Vaccine’), problematic neighbours (‘Stella’), and unity in the face of current division (‘The Hot House’) and set them to a pumping 4/4 beat. It’s dark disco, sure, but it’s OK to dance in the dark.
2019 has seen them unexpectedly headline European festival Pohoda to a crowd of 30,000 after Lykke Li pulled out at the last minute, embark on tours in the UK and France, and record sessions for KEXP in France and BBC sessions at Maida Vale.
The pair have garnered fans in Steve Lamacq & Amy Lame (BBC 6 Music – their debut was Amy’s pick for ‘Album of the Year’ and they recorded a session for Steve in July 2018), James Lavelle (UNKLE), A Certain Ratio (who they have regularly played alongside) and their first album was reviewed in; The Guardian, Pitchfork, Q, Electronic Sound and Loud & Quiet.
Praise for their debut album:
"Thrillingly chilly, perfectly funk no-wave." – 4/5, The Guardian.
"Infectious as it is emotionally engaging." – The Observer.
"An excellent debut." – 4/5, Q.
2. Somewhere Else
3. The Hot House
6. The Rapture
7. Shut Down
8. The Vaccine
9. On The One
10. Blue Room
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.