Gearing up for their third album, Tal National look back on a fertile period spent further honing their sound and touring the US several times – leaving audiences sweaty and stunned time after time. They’ve laid down incredible sets at WOMAD and Roskilde, bringing the same intensity and jubilance to the festival as they would a crammed club.
At their core, Tal National's intent is to make the people dance. Performances at the Niamey nightclub they run in their home country of Niger are raucous 5-hour non-stop dance parties for 300 people a night. With 'Tantabara' the band continues their ongoing quest to translate that energy to tape, bottling the party for personal use.
In 2013 the band’s Fat Cat Records label debut was released to wide critical acclaim – The NY Times placed it on their year end Top Ten and other publications followed suit – The Guardian, The Independent, Mojo, Vice, The Wire, and others all sang exuberant praises.
Two years on, their follow-up cemented their status, adding shouts from Pitchfork, Afropop Worldwide, FADER, The Quietus and The Boston Globe to the fray. Though with each heaping of praise they all seemed to echo NPR’s assessment that “There’s no way you won’t dance to this one!” Tantabara is the latest installment of Tal National's attempt to make a global audience dance.
2. Belles Reines
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.