Absolutely no one makes music like The Body. On their follow up to 2016’s acclaimed ‘No One Deserves Happiness’, the Portland duo of Lee Buford and Chip King conjure the sublime from the unexpected by turning their compositional approach on its head.
The Body continue to defy the constraints of what it means to be a ‘heavy’ band, seamlessly combining diverse influences for an utterly singular sound. The album’s contributors include Kristin Hayter (Lingua Ignota), Michael Berdan (Uniform) and Ben Eberle (Sandworm), as well as frequent collaborator Chrissy Wolpert (Assembly of Light Choir). Production was handled by Machines With Magnets (Lightning Bolt, Battles).
The Body transcend musical boundaries. Their ambitious creativity shapes their bleak worldview into propulsive, affecting, and even danceable music often drenched in distortion.
1. The Last Form of Loving
2. Can Carry No Weight
3. Partly Alive
4. The West Has Failed
5. Nothing Stirs
6. Off Script
7. An Urn
8. Blessed, Alone
9. Sickly Heart of Sand
10. Ten Times a Day, Every Day, a Stranger
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.