Drawing on a recorded history of 20 years of recollected memories this is one final journey and study into recreating the progression of dementia through sound. As the first in the series, and despite its typically frayed loop construction, this volume is the most lucid, as subsequent instalments will continue to move into faded obscurity and material erosion. . How will The Caretaker sound falling apart ? What if anything will be remembered and recalled from its past history ? How will it all end ?
Note: This will be pressed on BLACK vinyl. Not Blue, they sold out.
Artwork by Ivan Seal
1. It’s just a burning memory
2. We don’t have many days
3. Late afternoon drifting
4. Childishly fresh eyes
5. Slightly bewildered
6. Things that are beautiful and transient
7. All that follows is true
8. An autumnal equinox
9. Quiet internal rebellions
10. The loves of my entire life
11. Into each others eyes
12. My heart will stop with joy
This is a superb read if you have ten minutes; John Doran goes to Krakow to throw darts with Leyland James Kirby and hear about Everywhere At The End Of Time, the grand farewell he has planned for his Caretaker project… A farewell which will take six albums and three years to conclude fully. www.thequietus.com
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.