The Lemonheads’ first record in 10 years! A covers album – Includes versions of; Nick Cave, Yo La Tengo, The Bevis Frond, Eagles and more.
+ Indies only LP version on limited 'unripe green' coloured vinyl, packaged in a banana-scented scratch-'n'-sniff sleeve!
+ Standard version is on yellow vinyl in a scratch-'n'-sniff sleeve.
The Lemonheads follow up the critically acclaimed ‘Varshons’ from nearly ten years ago with another eclectic collection of covers.
Produced by director Matthew Cullen and mastered by Howie Weinberg (Beastie Boys, Nirvana, The Ramones), their tenth studio album brims with the slowly-matured vocal of Evan Dando as he lures a host of personal faves to his melodic lair. He really has become one of the great expressive singers of our time.
‘Varshons 2’ is a hokey jukebox filled with unique versions of Yo La Tengo, Nick Cave, The Bevis Frond, NRBQ, The Eagles, Paul Westerberg, The Jayhawks, Lucinda Williams and John Prine.
Like Hank Williams slumped in his car between gigs, strumming and hollering, reasoning and weeping, humming it on over, Evan and his Lemonheads make every tune their own.
Including some obscure beauties like Florida Georgia Line’s ‘Round Here’, Natural Child’s ‘Now And Then’, The Eyes’ raucous ‘TAQN’ and The GiveGoods’ gorgeous ‘Unfamiliar’ – a tune Dando penned with former Smudge man Tom Morgan.
“Gram Parsons, Wire, and GG Allin: You'd be hard pressed to find three more disparate rock acts, yet on ‘Varshons’ they all sound like the Lemonheads - boppy, overcast alt-rock delivered at a fast clip and sung in a whiskey tenor.” - Pitchfork.
“The Lemonheads are no strangers to a cover, the grunge-pop heroes perfect the art.” - NME.
+ VInyl versions both include download codes.
1 – Can’t Forget
2 – Settled Down Like Rain
3 – Old Man Blank
4 – Things
5 – Speed of The Sound of Loneliness
6 – Abandoned
7 – Now and Then
8 – Magnet
9 – Round Here
10 – TAQN
11 – Unfamiliar
12 – Straight to You
13 – Take it Easy
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.