+ Limited Indie version is pressed on lilac purple coloured vinyl and is housed in a gatefold sleeve.
“Return To Us” is the new album by The Lilac Time, the country folk band fronted by Stephen Duffy. The collection is their tenth so far and Stephen’s twentieth long-player in a career that has spanned four decades.
Coming off the back of five-star rave reviews for the reissue of Stephen’s album I Love My Friends, Return To Us was recorded by the three-piece of Nick Duffy, Claire Duffy and Stephen who have been the core of The Lilac Time since 1999.
The nine-track album was recorded in Stephen and Claire’s home and covers topics as diverse as The D-Day Landings (March To The Docks), auditory processing disorder and the difficulties in recognising and interpreting sounds (King Kopetsky), Italian Neorealism (A River That Runs Both Ways), life before the Internet (The Simple Things), not getting dragged back to a fictitious golden age (Return To Us), a Christmas song of sorts (The Needles) and needing ‘reassurance because the world went stupid’ ((I’m) A Believer).
Stephen Duffy: “This our first release on a major label since 1990. After a calamitous time with RCA around the recently reissued I Love My Friends album I never considered it an option. But then after our last performance at Port Eliot in 2017, we were approached by BMG’s senior scout who suggested we send our new record to them after some time we did and here it is”.
Available as CD & LP (Purple vinyl, Gatefold sleeve).
1. (I'm) A Believer
2. March to the Docks
3. The Hills of Cinnamon
4. The Needles
5. Return to Us
6. The Bridge & Down
7. The River Runs Both Ways
8. The Simple Things
9. King Kopetsky
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.