Recorded at Whitewood Studios, Liverpool, with Rob Whiteley, the album is produced alongside long-time collaborator Ross Halden (Ghost Town Studios, Leeds). Recent single Bad Texan (the first work from the album unveiled via 12' vinyl in March this year) sees the band move into dancefloor meets Krautrock. The Krautrock/kosmiche groove is also present alongside new-wave in the 2-part opus Nadir/Epitaph. 21st Century is quite appropriately the nearest the band get to a protest song, a 2-minute white noise/garage/rockabilly blast, inspired by a heavy dose of Beastie Boys listening. Elsewhere, the bustling of The Emptiest Place is Morricone meets 60s L.A, Stormy Waters bows to the melodies of The Stone Roses/The Byrds, warping them with a sinister twist in the vein of Spiritualized. The album’s showpiece however comes via the 8-minute space-dub of I'm A Star In My Own Right, as the band hit a full on Kingston, Jamaica dub/groove, set as it is to contorting, reverb-fueled passages.
1. Bad Texan
2. Stormy Waters
3. I'm A Star In My Own Right
4. The Emptiest Place
5. 21st Century
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.