Dirty Work is The Rolling Stones 18th British (and 20th American) studio album, originally released on 24 March 1986 on The Rolling Stones label by CBS Records and produced by Steve Lillywhite.
The album was recorded during period when relations between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, who had been feuding over the band's direction for most of the 1980s, had soured considerably, according to Richards' autobiography 'Life'. The other 'Stones had spent the previous several years working on solo albums or side projects and were often absent from the studio during recording sessions. It was rare that all five principal members were together at the same time. Dirty Work would be the last album to feature former member and frequent contributor on piano Ian Stewart, who died shortly before the album's release. Many guest musicians appear on the album, including drummers Anton Fig and Steve Jordan (with whom Richards would form the band X-pensive Winos after recording this album), as well as guitarists Jimmy Page and Bobby Womack. Keyboards were played by Ivan Neville and Chuck Leavell, who would remain with the band for decades. Unlike most 'Stones albums, there was no supporting tour, because of the level of animosity among band members.
Released here as part of the LP Breakouts (Half-Speed Masters) series
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.