Recorded before a live audience in London in 1968, The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus was originally conceived as a BBC-TV special. Directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg, it centres on the original line up of The Rolling Stones - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman (with Nicky Hopkins and Rocky Dijon) - who serve as both the show’s hosts and featured attraction. For the first time in front of an audience, “The World’s Greatest Rock and Roll Band” performs six Stones classics. The program also includes extraordinary performances by The Who, Jethro Tull, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull, Yoko Ono, and The Dirty Mac. A ‘supergroup’ before the term had even been coined, the band was comprised of Eric Clapton (lead guitar), Keith Richards (bass), Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience (drums) and John Lennon on guitar and vocals.
The Limited Deluxe Edition includes the film on Blu-Ray ray and DVD, plus the 2CD expanded soundtrack, and a perfect-bound 44-page book with custom foldout gatefold design. The book also includes David Dalton’s original 1969 Rolling Stone essay and on-set photographs by Mike Randolf.
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus soundtrack has been expanded to 28 tracks, received a new mix and 192k 24 bit HD restoration. Bonus material included by the late concert pianist Julius Katchen, three additional songs by Taj Mahal and never before heard recordings of The Dirty Mac performing The Beatles classic, 'Revolution' and the aptly titled track 'Warmup Jam'.
Released here for the first time on Vinyl as a 3 LP package.
Also available as 2CD, and Deluxe 2CD/DVD/Blu-Ray editions.
1. Mick Jagger's Introduction Of Rock And Roll Circus - Mick Jagger
2. Entry Of The Gladiators - Circus Band
3. Mick Jagger's Introduction Of Jethro Tull - Mick Jagger
4. Song For Jeffrey - Jethro Tull
5. Keith Richards' Introduction Of The Who - Keith Richards
6. A Quick One While He's Away - The Who
7. Over The Waves - Circus Band
8. Ain't That A Lot Of Love - Taj Mahal
9. Charlie Watts' Introduction Of Marianne Faithfull - Charlie Watts
10. Something Better - Marianne Faithfull
11. Mick Jagger's and John Lennon's Introduction Of The Dirty Mac - Mick Jagger & John Lennon
12. Yer Blues - The Dirty Mac
13. Whole Lotta Yoko - Yoko Ono & Ivry Gitlis with The Dirty Mac
14. John Lennon's Introduction Of The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
15. Parachute Woman - The Rolling Stones
16. No Expectations - The Rolling Stones
17. You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
18. Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
19. Salt Of The Earth - The Rolling Stones
20. Checkin' Up On My Baby - Taj Mahal
21. Leaving Trunk - Taj Mahal
22. Corinna - Taj Mahal
23. Revolution (rehearsal) - The Dirty Mac
24. Warmup Jam - The Dirty Mac
25. Yer Blues (take 2) - The Dirty Mac
26. Brian Jones' Introduction of Julius Katchen - Brian Jones
27. de Falla: Ritual Fire Dance - Julius Katchen
28. Mozart: Sonata In C Major-1st Movement - Julius Katchen
Title The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus
Subtitle 4K Edition
Formats for Amazon DVD
Song For Jeffrey - Jethro Tull
A Quick One While He's Away - The Who
Ain't That A Lot Of Love - Taj Mahal
Something Better - Marianne Faithfull
Yer Blues - The Dirty Mac
Whole Lotta Yoko - Yoko Ono & Ivry Gitlis, and The Dirty Mac
Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
Parachute Woman - The Rolling Stones
No Expectations - The Rolling Stones
You Can't Always Get What You Want – The Rolling Stones
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Salt Of The Earth - The Rolling Stones
Pete Townshend Interview
The Dirty Mac:
‘Yer Blues’ Tk2 Quad Split
-Checkin’ Up On My Baby
-de Falla: Ritual Fire Dance
-Mozart: Sonata In C Major-1st Movement
Mick & The Tiger/ Luna & The Tiger
Bill Wyman & The Clowns
Lennon, Jagger, & Yoko backstage
FILM COMMENTARY TRACKS
Life Under The Big Top (Artists) Featuring: Mick Jagger, Ian Anderson, Taj Mahal, Yoko Ono, Bill Wyman, Keith Richards
Framing The Show (Director & Cinematographer) Featuring: Michael Lindsay Hogg, Tony Richmond
Musings (artists, writer, fan who was there) Featuring: Marianne Faithfull, David Dalton, David Stark
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.