The band’s debut album, released in 1979, 'The Crack' contains the UK hit singles 'Babylon’s Burning' and 'Something That I Said'.
40th anniversary reissue to tie in with the band’s ‘40 Years of The Crack’ tour.
Very much fitting the era’s protest atmosphere – the white-reggae of 'Jah War', which was written in the aftermath of the Southall unrest and the over-use of force by the Metropolitan Police’s Special Patrol Group in the ‘70s, was also released as a single.
Hard-hitting song 'S.U.S' also deals with similar issues – a withering comment on the notorious stop and search laws.
The album is both anthemic, with simmering roots reggae and dub, but seared by classic rock guitar leads, totally redefining the genre and combining to create an ominous atmosphere of paranoia and dread reflective of the times in which it was made.
Re-mastered by Tim Turan at Turan Audio.
Cut to vinyl at Abbey Road Studios.
+ Includes download card.
Dope for Guns
Something That I Said
You're Just A…
It Was Cold
Out of Order
Human Punk (live at The Marquee, London, 19 July 1979)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.