The LP format is expected into stock on 10th February 2017Deluxe anniversary pressing of The Who's My Generation.
Available as a 3LP of 5CD box.
3 x 180 heavyweight vinyl’s Includes the original mono album Disc two features a selection of mono bonus tracks Disc three features 11 of Pete’s demos from before the album’s original release Packaged in a gatefold sleeve with period/rare photos Limited Edition
79-track, five disc ‘super-deluxe’ edition reissue. 5 CDs housed in casebound book within a rigid slipcase 80 page colour book with many rare and unseen period photos and memorabilia New essay by acclaimed music writer Mark Blake with additional track annotation by Who biographer Andy Neill Replica inserts: Flyer for The Who's Tuesday night residency at the Marquee Club 1965 Membership card to the Scene Club in Ham Yard Calling card for The Who's management New Action Ltd. with a photo of the group Admission card to recording of Ready Steady Go! at Redifusion TV Studios 20" x 30" poster from 1966 gig 20" x 30" poster of a gig at the Goldhawk Social Club.
• This is particularly exciting and relevant due to the discovery of some of Pete’s demos from 1964/1965 that have never seen the light of day and are among his very earliest songs.
• Includes the hit singles - My Generation / La-La-La Lies / The Kids Are Alright / A Legal Matter
CD1: Original album (mono mixes)
· Originally released 1965
· Re-mastered 2016
CD2: Original album (new stereo mixes)
· Previously unreleased on CD or vinyl. Released on iTunes 2014.
· Remixed by the band in 2014 - Pete used exactly the same guitars and amps as the original album, Roger used same type of mike.
· Recorded at Pete’s home studio and Yellowfish Studio.
CD3: Mono mixes - bonus tracks
· Tracks 1–12 originally released 1965-1966. Reissued 2002.
· Tracks 13-23 remixed in 2000, previously unreleased
· Re-mastered 2016
CD4: Stereo mixes - bonus tracks
· Tracks 1-17 previously unreleased on CD or vinyl. Released on iTunes 2014.
· Tracks 18-21 previously unreleased.
· Re-mastered 2016
CD5: The Demos
· Track 1 previously released as 45 rpm flexi-disc with 'Maximum R&B' book (re-mastered 2016)
· Tracks 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, & 11 previously unreleased demo versions
· Tracks 3, 5, & 9 previously unreleased songs – ‘The Girls I Could Have Had’, ‘As Children We Grew’, ‘My Own Love’
· Track 10 previously released on 'Scoop' (re-mastered 2016)
* Stunning 80-page colour book with many rare and unseen period photos and memorabilia.
* Candid and insightful new notes from Pete Townshend illustrating the genesis of the demos and creative process.
* New essay by acclaimed music writer Mark Blake with additional track annotation by Who biographer Andy Neill.
* Hardback slipcase.
* Six replica inserts…
- Flyer for The Who's Tuesday night residency at the Marquee Club 1965.
- Membership card to the Scene Club in Ham Yard.
- Calling card for The Who's management New Action Ltd. with a photo of the group
- Admission card to recording of Ready Steady Go! at Redifusion TV Studios.
- 20" x 30" poster from 1966 gig.
- 20" x 30" poster of a gig at the Goldhawk Social Club.
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.