Recorded as a piece of art for Italian National Radio RAI in Rome March 1981.
On the recommendation of Robert Wyatt, RAI originally commissioned Cosey Fanni Tutti to create a sound work based on the theme of ‘A Journey Through The Body’. It became a Throbbing Gristle project which was later broadcast by RAI.
This was the last studio recording by Throbbing Gristle. It was recorded in five days, a day per body section. No tracks were re-recorded or added to after their day. Each track was mixed immediately after recording. No tracks were pre-planned all tracks were invented directly to tape.
Recorded at RAI Studios in Rome, Italy in March 1981.
+ Indie version on Silver vinyl with foil blocked cover and featuring photos from the session. Remastered for this release.
Also available on CD in card pack (unavailable on CD since 2009).
Violencia (The Bullet)
Oltre La Morte, Birth And Death
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.