* 13 previously unissued solo acoustic demos
* Remastered from the original analog tapes and acetate
* Book includes in-depth interview with Buckley’s lyricist Larry Beckett
Buckley was no longer just another singer-songwriter with an acoustic guitar; he was drenched in acid-folk tinges of harpsichord and harmonium. Lyricist Larry Beckett embellished Tim’s songs with introspective lyrics at times, worldly views at others. It was the first major triumph for Tim as an album artist, partially because there were a remarkable amount of pre-production demos that led to it.
Available here for the first time are these newly discovered master tapes, recorded by Goodbye & Hello’s producer Jerry Yester, along with an ultra-rare acetate, found to be in co-songwriter (and best friend) Beckett’s possession.
Of the 13 previously unreleased solo acoustic songs contained here, six of them did eventually appear with more expansive instrumentation on Goodbye & Hello (along with another four not included here). However, the crown jewel of this package is seven never-before-heard compositions. These will be new to even the most devoted Buckley fan. Arguably, two of them crept out decades after Tim’s death (albeit, much different recordings than what you have here) but with little fanfare.
So much has been written about Tim Buckley but so little of it by people who actually knew him. This booklet, however, includes a detailed interview with both Larry Beckett and Jerry Yester, providing real insight on how these recordings came to be and attempting to uncover the man behind all the myths, the real Tim Buckley.
Several rarities releases in the 1980s and ‘90s shed light on his talent, especially the live recordings, but all of the studio material has generally been alternative versions of songs that fans already knew—until now. This is the first-ever posthumous release that reveals a wealth of previously unreleased and unheard tracks from Tim at the peak of his career. In short, you need this!
3. Lady, Give Me Your Key
4. Once Upon A Time
5. Once I Was
6. I Never Asked To Be Your Mountain
7. Pleasant Street
10. Carnival Song
11. No Man Can Find The War
12. I Can’t Leave You Lovin’ Me
13. She’s Back Again
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.