+ Limited edition of 250 copies.
Tiña (pronounced ‘teen-ya’) are the enigmatic new band from South London formed around the burgeoning Brixton Windmill scene.
Made up of members of an assortment of acts including Bat-Bike, Uncle Tesco and Pet Grotesque - the band features: Joshua Loftin (vox/guitar), George Rhys Davies (drums), Uncle Tesco (bass), Oliver R Lester (guitar) & Calum Armstrong (keys).
The band came to the attention of Speedy boss Dan Carey at a party of Lottie’s from Goat Girl whose debut album Carey produced last year for Rough Trade (and who performs backing vocals on the track). He was hooked immediately and invited them to the studio for a session.
On working with Carey – Loftin recalls ‘working with Dan was like working with a musical holy man or shaman. He softly moves around the studio intuitively making suggestions in a way that makes it feel like it was your choice to record on that specific guitar.’
The resulting track ‘I Feel Fine’ – from the opening bass notes - is a blistering jangle-drenched pop song that feels classic already. Channelling Brian Jonestown and the lyrical humour of Lawrence’s Denim, with Ty Seagalls’s psych side and pure Byrdsian pop– the harmonies lifting the anthemic chorus even higher, it’s so infectious – it feels like something you’ve heard your entire life.
Loftin continues, ‘I Feel Fine is a song about discovering sexual freedom through finding yourself in deep meditation.’
Consider this a mantra.
A: I Feel Fine
B: Dicks in the Dub
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.