Toro Y Moi returns with Boo Boo.
Standard LP version is 2 x black LP in gatefold sleeve with dropcard. The deluxe version is as above but pressed on limited edition blue and white marble coloured vinyl.
boo-boo [ˈbo͞ obo͞ o/]
noun (pl. booboos) informal
1. a mistake. "you could make a big booboo if you leap to any drastic conclusion"
2. a minor injury, such as a deadly car crash.
boo (1) [bo͞o/]
1. said suddenly to surprise someone. "Boo! she cried, jumping up to frighten him"
2. said to show disapproval or contempt, especially at an athletic contest or musical performance.
1. an utterance of “boo” to show disapproval or contempt. “the audience retweeted his comment with boos and hisses”
1. say “boo” to show disapproval or contempt. "They booed and hissed when he stepped on stage"
boo (2) [bo͞o/]
noun (pl. boos) informal
1. a person's boyfriend or girlfriend
After 7 years of touring and recording, I found myself becoming self conscious about my position in life as a “famous” person, or at least my version of whatever that is. My dreams had become my reality, yet I was somehow unable to accept this new environment. I couldn’t help but fall into what might be described as an identity crisis. A feedback loop of fearful thoughts left me feeling confused. I felt as though I no longer knew what it was that I actually wanted and needed in and out of life, and at times I felt unable to even tell what was real.
During this time of personal turmoil, I turned to music as a form of therapy, and it helped me cope with the pain that I was feeling. I’d listen to the same ambient song over and over again, trying to insulate myself from reality. I fell in love with space again.
By the time I felt ready to begin working on a new record, I knew that this idea of space within music would be something that propelled my new work forward. The artists that were influencing what I was making included everyone from Travis Scott to Daft Punk, Frank Ocean to Oneohtrix Point Never, Kashif and Gigi Masin. I recognized that the common thread between these artists was their attention to a feeling of space, or lack thereof. I decided that I wanted to make a Pop record with these ideas in mind. That idea for a record is what eventually became Boo Boo.
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.