+ DEATHLY SERIOUS-LY LIMITED treats from the Sacred Bones on this, DO NOT SLEEP or you'll miss copies of the Indie coloured version.
To celebrate the release of the new Halloween movie scored by John Carpenter, Cody Carpenter, and Daniel Davies, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (The Social Network, Nine Inch Nails) are releasing their reworked version of Carpenter’s iconic Halloween theme as a limited edition 12", alongside Carpenter’s version from his 2017 Anthology: Movie Themes 1974-1998 album.
Reznor explains: “I clearly remember my friends and I at 13 years old conning our parents into letting us see Halloween when it came out in 1978. We left the theater forever changed. We were damaged and scarred, with the shit genuinely scared out of us and that theme stuck firmly in our heads. John Carpenter, it’s your fault that I turned out the way I did.”
Speaking about the new version, John Carpenter states, “Moody and dark, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross’ version of Halloween does amazing justice to the original. I’m impressed.”
The limited edition 12" that brings these two recordings together for the first time is available on black vinyl and indie store-exclusive orange vinyl. It comes out the same day as the new Halloween film and soundtrack.
1. John Carpenter: “Halloween” (2:58)
2. Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross: “Halloween” (7:49)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.