This title was originally released on Record Store Day 2012 as an exclusive.
Ltd edition transparent green vinyl 10" from David Baker (ex-Mercury Rev), including Silver Apples Remix.
Fire Records are proud to announce the signing of Variety Lights, the new band from David Baker, legendary frontman of the original incarnation of Mercury Rev. After leaving the public spotlight more than 18 years ago, Baker returns with his collaborator, Will MacLean, to debut the remarkable psychedelic-synth album 'Central Flow'. The lead track is, appropriately, "Silent Too Long", which will be released as an exclusive single for Record Store Day. As a founding member and vocalist for Mercury Rev, Baker helped to forge their revolutionary sound with their first two (and most critically acclaimed) albums; 'Yerself Is Steam' (1991) & 'Boces' (1993). Having left the band in 93, Baker went on to release a solo album 'World' under the moniker Shady, which featured members of the Boo Radleys, Rollerskate Skinny, Swervedriver and Th' Faith Healers. Although there has been much speculation about his life during his time away from the public eye, Baker has continued to make recordings & is an avid music fan, working as a producer for various artists. Now he is back, morphed and transmogrified into Variety Lights.
1. Silent Too Long
1. Silent Too Long (Silver Apples Remix)
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.