An extensive sweep of their favourite tracks. Jazz on The Corner Two is such a great collection, really friendly entrance points and some deep cuts, a great trip.
Following the success of 'Jazz On The Corner' in 2018, Acid Jazz Records are pleased to present a new collection – the nattily titled Jazz on The Corner Two. Once again sees Acid Jazz affiliate, dedicated music fan and actor Martin Freeman partner up with the label’s head honcho Eddie Piller.
Intrinsically united by a love of music, no more so than an oeuvre that has enthralled both from an early age, be it music their parents may have passed on, to discovering the wonders of crate digging as they entered their formative years - Jazz On The Corner Two meanders through those times from the old to the new and back again via a diverse selection of tracks.
As Freeman proffers in the album’s sleeve notes, “…going through my records again for things that haven’t appeared on loads of comps (as far as I know of anyway) is a fine excuse to do my favourite thing and pretend it’s work.” Meanwhile Piller alludes to his youth and younger self detailing, “From the moment I first heard Gilles Peterson on pirate radio back in the mid-eighties I fully embraced the underground London Jazz scene. It took me back to my childhood, accompanying my dad to jazz pubs like the Cauliflower in Ilford. Later, reminiscing of DJ’s whilst frequenting the likes of Upstairs At Ronnie’s and other word-of-mouth Soho jazz spots".
1. Stanley Turrentine – The Magilla
2. Nina Simone – I’m Gonna Leave You
3. The Jazz Crusaders – Tough Talk
4. Gene Ammons – Jungle Strut
5. George Benson – Shape Of Things To Come
1. Nicola Conte – Caravan
2. Duke Pearson – Gira, Girou (Round and Round)
3. Chet Baker – Do It The Hard Way
4. The Modern Jazz Quartet – Concorde
5. Lorez Alexandria – Nature Boy
1. Emanuel K Rahim & The Kaliqs – Al Amin
2. Roberta Flack – Compared To What
3. Horace Silver – Tranquilizer Suite Part : Perservance and Eudurance
4. Emma-Jean Thackray – Ley Lines
5. The Lyman Woodard Organisation – Creative Musicians
1. Charles Earland – Leaving This Planet
2. Brain Auger Oblivion Express – Freedom Jazz Dance
3. Johnny Mercer – That Old Black Magic
4. Roy Ayers – A Tear To A Smile
5. Lonnie Liston Smith – Summer Days
- Shipping Info
- About Drift
In the UK we offer Royal Mail Tracked 24/48®, Click & Collect at the shop and Free Shipping on orders over £85.
Worldwide we ship with International Business Parcel Tracked and DHL.
+ Full information on our shipping options can be read here.
+ There is a shipping calculator in the basket to give you a clear guide of our rates and available services based on your location.
Nominated 'Best Independent Retailer' at the Music Week Awards in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Nominated "Indie Champions" at the 2015 AIM Awards.