To mark their 20th Anniversary, Moshi Moshi Records announce the release of Twenty Years Of Moshi Moshi. The compilation, which celebrates two decades of music released through the label, released on limited 12” triple vinyl.
Moshi Moshi Records was originally set up in 1998 as a hobby by three friends (Stephen Bass, Michael McClatchey and Adrian Pike) to enable them to work with the artists that they loved but didn’t fit in with the agenda of their major label day jobs. To start with all the releases were one off 7” singles and for the first 5 years it was a low key affair, and very much a hobby. Then in 2003 things changed with a single from Bloc Party and Hot Chip’s first E.P. It was time to get serious and to bid farewell to the day job. Unshackled from the responsibilities of the 9 to 5, and with a burgeoning reputation, the label took off and started to spread its net wider with an album from NYC based synth trio Au Revoir Simone and Australian indie art pop 8 piece Architecture In Helsinki. Then came artists such as Hot Club De Paris, The Rakes, Slow Club and The Drums.
In 2006, the two remaining Moshi Moshi founders – Stephen and Michael – decided they wanted to get back to their one off 7” release roots and the Moshi Moshi Singles Club was born. Some 40+ releases later the singles club’s roster makes an impressive list – Late of The Pier, Friendly Fires, Lykke Li, Florence and The Machine, Kindness and Disclosure.
This compilation 3LP is a mix of Singles Club and full Moshi Moshi releases and takes us right up to the present with singles from current artists Girl Ray, Teleman and Anna Meredith.
“When your whole working life is orientated towards what is coming next, looking back is not something that comes naturally. We spent a long time wrestling with this when we realised it was our 20th Anniversary and the more we discussed it the more plans got scaled back. The one thing we could agree on was this LP compilation of some of our proudest moments, and putting all these great songs together for the first time was actually a very satisfying and poignant exercise. I would guess a bit like reading your own obituary or listening to the soundtrack to your straight to Netflix biopic. After all these years and all the changes in the music industry holding a new record with your logo on is still the best thing about it.” – Moshi Moshi Records
The artwork for Twenty Years Of Moshi Moshi was designed by Babak Ganjei. The London based artist has also designed a limited edition t-shirt with the text “When Your Band Is Too Big To Be Cool But Too Small To Be Big”,
To mark the release of the album Moshi Moshi will be hosting various events over the next couple of months. They launched celebrations in March with a party for their special edition pale ale by Hackney Brewery and live music from new signees The Rhythm Method.
1. Sukpatch - Hey Jolie
2. Girl Ray – Trouble
3. Invisible Minds - Yo Mae Leh
4. Disclosure - Offline Dexterity
5. Charles Watson - No Fanfare
6. The Wave Pictures - The Woods
7. Anna Meredith – Taken
8. Slow Club - In Waves
9. Meilyr Jones - How To Recognise A Work of Art
10. Hot Chip - Baby Said
11. The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa
12. Au Revoir Simone – Crazy
13. Kindness - Swingin' Party
14. Teleman - Fall In Time
15. Lykke Li - Little Bit
16. Friendly Fires - Paris
17. Wesley Gonzalez - I Am A Telescope
18. Matt and Kim - Silver Tiles
19. Florence & The Machine - Kiss With A Fist
20. Kiran Leonard - Paralysed Force
21. The Drums - Let's Go Surfing
22. Pillow Person - Go Ahead
23. The Mae Shi - Lamb and Lion
24. Silver Columns - Brow Beaten
25. Fimber Bravo - The Way We Live Today
26. Hercules & Love Affair - I Try To Talk To You
27. Tilly And The Wall - Nights of the Living Dead
28. Late of the Pier - Bathroom Gurgle
29. Hot Club de Paris – sometimesitsbetternottostickbitsofeachotherineachother
30. Casiokids - Fot I Hose
31. Best Fwends - Skate or Live
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.