William Doyle (previously Mercury nominated with his East India Youth project) releases Your Wilderness Revisited, his first new album in four years. The album is an extraordinarily imagined exploration on the theme of the British suburban environment, inspired by William’s personal experience of growing up in this setting, and how he eventually saw beyond its ordinary stereotypes, towards something that was both illuminating and inspirational.
It features guest appearances from writer and film maker Jonathan Meades (whose programme ‘Magnetic North’ was an influence on the album), saxophonist Laura Misch and legendary musician Brian Eno.
As William himself puts it, “This album has been rattling inside of me for over ten years now. When I left the suburb I spent my entire teenage life in, I started to think back to it and notice the influence it had on me, on my art, and on my development as a person. The architecture and the planning of the modern British suburb influenced this album as much as the experiences and emotions I superimposed upon that landscape at a formative age.
I started creating in these places, I started to expand myself in these places, I grappled with grief and loss in these places. I realised that I wouldn’t be alone in having these experiences here, and so I thought there should be a way of redefining or reimagining these places that painted a different picture of them in our collective consciousness.
These weren’t just places to escape to the nearest city from – perhaps they held as much truth and beauty in them as anywhere else. This album is, in part, an interrogation and excavation of that truth and beauty.”
The Indies only LP comes with an alternate sleeve and is on Green vinyl
2. Nobody Else Will Tell You - William Doyle feat. Laura Misch
4. Design Guide - William Doyle feat. Brian Eno
6. Full Catastrophe Living
7. Blue Remembered
8. An Orchestral Depth
9. Thousands of Hours of Birds
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.