Brand new album from Yann Tiersen and his tenth long-player so far...
+ LP version is on double heavyweight vinyl with an etched fourth side.
+ Includes download.
'ALL' is the first album to be recorded at Tiersen’s new studio, venue and community centre, The Eskal, built in an abandoned discotheque on the island of Ushant, a small island positioned in the Celtic sea between Brittany and Cornwall, Tiersen’s home for the past 10 years.
The album, mixed and co-produced by Gareth Jones, continues the themes of environment and a connection to nature first explored on 'EUSA', incorporating recordings from outside of Brittany, such as the redwood forests of California as well as field recordings from Tempelhof airport in Berlin (on ‘Tempelhof’), plus guest vocalists.
Yann Tiersen’s previous album release 'EUSA' (2016) was preceded by two sold-out dates at the Barbican in London, and Yann Tiersen has continued to perform in some of the world’s most prestigious venues and festivals - including the Edinburgh International Festival, the Berlin Philharmonic, Officine Grandi Riparazioni in Turin, Teatro Principal in Zaragoza, Odeon of Herodes Atticus in Athens, Sydney Opera House and the Grand Hall of the Philharmonia in St Petersburg.
Beure Kentañ (First Morning)
Praise for 'Eusa':
"… brimming with aching melody." – MOJO, 4/5.
“With each listen you uncover another facet not just of this complex and charming album, but of yourself too.” - Drowned In Sound, 8/10.
“…a beautiful piece of work…” - The Quietus.
“'EUSA' is a faultless work.” - Record Collector, 5/5.
“…innovative, constantly shifting and seeking to build on that landscape he evokes with each note." – The Independent, 4*.
"...devastatingly effective way with a melody." – The Guardian, 4*.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.