Younghusband have surfaced with new album Swimmers on the Opposite Number label. Their first new music since 2015’s Dissolver, Swimmers is awash with glowing guitar melodies, breezy pop moments and restrained yet potent song-craft. It looks to themes of open space and reflection, partly inspired by band's move to their own studio in Greenwich, built by singer and songwriter Euan Hinshelwood in an old barn.
With members of Younghusband having also played in Wes Gonzalez and Meilyr Jones' recent live bands and inspired by both artists' off the cuff approach, recording sessions for Swimmers were driven by instinct and impulse, as Euan would introduce the new songs to bandmates on the day of recording.
Of first track 'Translation'. Euan says "It's open to interpretation, but looking back on that period of time I guess it's a song about change and retreat. And about a short moment of that time. A stubborn moment when you want to push everything away for a second and work out what element is tripping you up."
The LP is on Transparent Blue vinyl
2. What’s Wrong?
3. Modern Lie
4. Different About You
6. Grinding Teeth
7. Broken In Half Again
8. Paradise In The Rain
10. It’s Not Easy
- About Drift
+ Free Shipping
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering - specifically preorder items - then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items to your box, up to the point we ship it to you, but this is not automated so it's always important to tell us you are doing this.
+ Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option for you to come and collect your order in Totnes. You will be offered shipping and click & collect options during the checkout process. More info here.
* If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
* If you are adding to an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
* We aim to dispatch orders placed before 1pm, on the same day.
* We ship outside the UK with DHL.
* We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
* Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
* Royal Mail First Class services do not have tracking.
* Royal Mail Tracked 24® does include end-to-end tracking.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Royal Mail Tracked 24®
End-to-end tracking and next-day delivery
✔️ End-to-end tracking
✔️ SMS or email notifications
✔️ Next working day delivery aim
✔️ Compensation cover up to £100
✔️ Change your delivery options before delivery is attempted
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.