Wewantsounds is pursuing its ambitious Akiko Yano reissue program with the release of Japanese Girl, her landmark debut album from 1976. Recorded with no less than Little Feat as the backing band on one side and the creme of Japanese musicians on the other one (including Haruomi Hosono and Tatsuo Hayashi) when Yano was just 21, the album is a masterstroke bursting with creativity.
Featuring superb compositions by Yano with her inimitable voice and keyboard playing, the album mixes pop, rock, Japanese folk and Little Feat's superb sound. The album created a stir when it first came out in Japan and made an overnight sensation of Yano. Released for the first time outside of Japan and about time as it's undoubtedly one of the most important Japanese albums of the 70s.
Deluxe LP edition, housed in Tip on Sleeve with OBI strip and Download plus the original 4 page insert with lyrics and full line up.
1. 気球にのって [Kikyūninotte / Sayonara / Riding on a Balloon]
2. クマ [Kuma / Bear]
3. 電話線 [Denwa-sen / Telephone Line]
4. 津軽ツアー [Tsugaru tsuā / Tsugaru Tour]
5. ふなまち唄 Part II [Funamachi uta Part II / Funamachi Song Part II]
1. 大いなる椎の木 [Ōinaru shīnoki / Great Shīnoki]
2. へこりぷたぁ [Hekoriputaa / Hecolipter]
3. 風太 [Fūta]
4. 丘を越えて [Okawokoete / Over the Hill]
5. ふなまち唄 Part I [Funamachi uta Part I / Funamachi Song Part I]
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.