Azar Lawrence is a highly-respected tenor saxophonist who has played with Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner, Freddie Hubbard, Woody Shaw and Elvin Jones. He’s one of the only artists from the legendary Prestige era still touring and releasing new music He has recorded eight solo albums, including three highly-regarded collections for Prestige in the mid-1970s.
Summer Solstice was Lawrence’s second solo album, originally released on Prestige in 1975. It has long been out of print and receives a first time reissue here on 180g black vinyl with original packaging and ‘Prestige 70’ branding. All-analogue mastering from the original tapes by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio, and featuring the superb rhythm section of Ron Carter (bass) and Billy Hart (drums), plus Raul Da Souza on trombone and Dom Salvador on acoustic piano.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.