* The album contains the single "Spoon", which charted in the Top 10 in Germany, and was used as the theme of the German TV series "Das Messer" (The Knife). "
* Pitchfork featured the record at #19 on its "Top 100 Albums of the 1970s". British music Melody Maker wrote: "Can are without doubt the most talented and most consistent experimental rock band in Europe, England included."
* Various artists have cited Ege Bamyasi as an influence. Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth recalls, ""_It was unlike anything else I was hearing at the time."
* Geoff Barrow of Portishead picked Ege Bamyasi as one of their favourite 13 Albums on the quietus.com's Bakers Dozen series.
* "I'm So Green" was covered by Beck.
* Kanye West sampled from "Sing Swan Song" for his song "Drunk and Hot Girls" on the album Graduation, and derives many of the song's lyrics from Damo Suzuki's vocals.
* Remix versions of several Ege Bamyasó± songs are included on the album Sacrilege.
* Vitamin C" can be heard in Pedro Almod’_var's movie Broken Embraces.
Sing Swan Song
One More Night
I'm So Green
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.