Demon Records presents the narrated TV soundtrack of The Underwater Menace – the fifth serial in the fourth season of Doctor Who, starring Patrick Troughton as the Doctor.
In The Underwater Menace the TARDIS arrives on a volcanic island above the lost city of Atlantis. The Doctor learns of Professor Zaroff’s insanely dangerous plan to raise the city of Atlantic from the depths of the sea once more. Whilst Ben and Jamie are put to work in the mines, and Polly is set to be transformed into one of the strange, enslaved Fish People, the Doctor must do everything he can to prevent Zaroff causing the end of the world. This half missing serial only survives in full on audio, giving fans a unique opportunity to re-experience this lost part of Doctor Who’s expansive history.
Presented across 2 x 140g vinyl discs, in Volcanic Vinyl, this 1967 TV soundtrack is narrated by Anneke Wills, who co-stars with Michael Craze and Frazer Hines as the Doctor’s companions Polly, Ben and Jamie. Among the supporting cast are Joseph Furst, Colin Jeavons, Paul Anil and Noel Johnson (radio’s Dick Barton). Incidental music is composed by Dudley Simpson, and the familiar strains of the Doctor Who theme are courtesy of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
The coloured vinyl LPs are presented in a fully illustrated gatefold sleeve showing cast and credits, with inner bags featuring complete episode billings.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.