Eleven exclusive tracks from the Drift family and friends.
After a year of doing their very best to release albums and bands, Drift decided to put out an entire roster based album, highlighting the collaborative talents of a cohesive group of musicians. Bands morph and re-group across it's eleven tracks, taking in tape music, folk, twee, bedroom, electronica and as close to durge as a 'folk label compilation' has ever managed.
Some artists followed with full albums, some remain undiscovered treasures, the Drift label though did certainly meet new friends.
1. Birdengine - i, dancing bear (3:01)
2. The R.G.Morrison - In meadows (2:43)
3. Gale Fingers - Moving home is never easy (2:30)
4. Nada - More custard (3:55)
5. Cottonmouth Rocks - Racetrack (suite suiteside remix) (3:09)
6. Tandy Hard - Hurricaine (3:47)
7. Thirty Pounds of Bone - In Search of oil (5:26)
8. Matt Eaton - Too scared to fly (2:21)
9. Muntjac Deer - Handsome friends (3:04)
10. Mary Hampton - Eros (7:05)
11. The Great Park - Paper birds (4:41)
Inventive, imaginative and different; long may they collect together - Record Collector
The Drift Family provide a near-miraculous glimmer of frail, reflective humanity in a bullshit-filled world - The Word
The Drift Collective is well named - a significant rump of artists distributed across its 11 tracks reappearing elsewhere in supporting roles, lending proceedings a communal, campfire air. Gently eccentric - Mojo
as gorgeous as it is quirky - Observer Music Monthly
fantastic - Time Out
Down at the roots of British folk, strange things continue to stir. 'Shine your shiny car lights on me, boy!' - Smart - The Observer
There's little background information on the sleeve so the music is rightly allowed to stand on it's own merits. I want to hear more from these people - Rock 'N' Reel
Drift Records have assembled a strong roster that manages to embrace the past while retaining an ironic distance, forging new paths out of the acoustic tradition - Is this Music?
- About Drift
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.