Pablo Clements & James Griffith, (Toydrum, UNKLE), and Gavin Clark (UNKLE, Clayhill, Sunhouse) present ‘Evangelist’. 5 tracks from the album were featured on ‘This Is England 1990’, recently broadcast on Channel 4.
Shane Meadows cites Gavin Clark’s music as the impetus that elevated his early student work into “something resembling art”. The late musician, who died earlier this year aged 46, penned at least one song for almost every film the director has made. Clark – also close friends with author John Niven, who signed the songwriter’s first band, Sunhouse, in the 90’s when he was still in A&R – had struggled with anxiety, depression and alcoholism throughout his life, retreating further and further into his shell.
In spite of his condition, Clark never stopped writing. Before his death, he was working with James Griffiths and Pablo Clements, members of UNKLE/Toydrum and the owners of the Toy Room Studios in Brighton, on a concept album, Evangelist, based loosely based on his own life. After his death, the band swore to complete the record, and have dedicated most of this year to doing so. Clark’s eldest son is a vocalist on the record, while composer Ludovico Einaudi features on the track Never Feel
This Young, and Grinderman member and Bad Seed Warren Ellis plays the viola on I’m in Love Tonight.
1. The World That I Created
3. Same Hands
4. I'm In Love Tonight
5. Know One Will Ever Know
6. Never Feel This Young
7. God Song
8. The Believer (I'm Never Wrong)
9. I Wanna Lift You Up
10. Whirlwind Of Rubbish
11. Holy Holy
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.